Core Values /Purpose /Vision
The Core Values of First Baptist Church Lake Park provide a foundation for all we are. These four core values are:
THE SOVEREIGNTY OF GOD
There is one perfect, eternal God who exists in three Persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who created, controls and directs all things according to His divine purpose and plan for His glory. (Genesis 1:1; Psalm 90:2; Daniel 4:34-35; 1 Chronicles 29:11-13; Matthew 10:29; Acts 17:26; Ephesians 1:11)
THE AUTHORITY OF GOD’S WORD
The Bible, God’s perfect Word, is our ultimate and authoritative guide for life and salvation. (Psalm 19:7-8; Isaiah 40:8; Romans 5:4; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
THE VALUE OF EACH INDIVIDUAL
Each person is of infinite value and greatly loved by God having been created in the image and likeness of God. (Genesis 1:27; Isaiah 62:3-5; Zephaniah 3:17; John 3:16; 1 John 4:11)
SALVATION THROUGH CHRIST ALONE
Man’s relationship with God was destroyed/broken when he [man] chose to rebel against God and it can only be restored by grace alone, through faith alone and in Christ alone. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-9, 18; 1 Timothy 2:5)
As a result, the mission of First Baptist Church Lake Parks is the practical way that our Core Values are lived out. Our mission is the “what we do” because of “who we are.” These three mission values are:
EXALT the Savior
we CELEBRATE GOD’S PRESENCE.
EQUIP the saint
we EDUCATE IN GOD’S WORD
EVANGELIZE the world
we DEMONSTRATE GOD’S LOVE
Our vision at First Baptist Church is the picture of who/what our faith family is becoming as we strive to fulfill our God-given purpose. Our vision is summarized in five brief statements:
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH LAKE PARK IS BECOMING:
- A faith family where believers of varying cultures, race,s backgrounds and generations come together in genuine biblical community.
- A faith family where believers desire to reach those who are far from God with the Gospel of Jesus Christ whether across the street or around the globe.
- A faith family where believers of all ages are rooted in God’s Word, intentionally discipled and challenged to grow in their faith.
- A faith family where believers are known for actively seeking to connect with, serve and care for our community.
- A faith family where believers encounter the Glory of God together through authentic, passionate and inspiring worship.
- A faith family where believers desire and pursue the glory of Jesus Christ through excellence in all things.